ADMISSION INTO SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION/DIPLOMA STUDIES (FORMER FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES) 2019/2020 SESSION CALL ADMIN:09022205421
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2019/2020 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK) and Soochow University, China. Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
LIST OF COURSES OFFERED IN THE UNILAG FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
Below are the list of courses offered in the Unilag Foundation/Diploma/Jupeb/Predegree programme;
Foundation In Accounting.
Foundation In Actuarial Science.
Foundation In Adult Education.
Foundation In Architecture.
Foundation In Biochemistry.
Foundation In Biology Education.
Foundation In Botany.
Foundation In Building.
Foundation In Business Administration.
Foundation In Business Education.
Foundation In Cell Biology & Genetics.
Foundation In Chemical Engineering.
Foundation In Chemistry.
Foundation In Civil & Environmental Engineering.
Foundation In Computer Engineering.
Foundation In Computer Sciences.
Foundation In Dentistry.
Foundation In Early Childhood Education.
Foundation In Economics.
Foundation In Economics Education.
Foundation In Educational Administration.
Foundation In Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Foundation In English.
Foundation In English Education.
Foundation In Estate Management.
Foundation in Finance.
Foundation In Fisheries.
Foundation in French.
Foundation In Geograph.
Foundation In Geography Education.
Foundation In Geology.
Foundation In Geophysics.
Foundation In Guidance & Counselling.
Foundation In History & Strategic Studies.
Foundation In Home Economics.
Foundation In Human Kinetic & Health Education.
Foundation In Industrial Relations & Personel Management.
Foundation In Insurance.
Foundation In Integrated Science.
Foundation In Law.
Foundation In Marine Biology.
Foundation In Mass Communication.
Foundation In Materials & Metallurgical Engineering.
Foundation In Mathematics.
Foundation In Mathematics Education.
Foundation In Mechanical Engineering.
Foundation In Medical Laboratory Sciences.
Foundation In Medicine & Surgery.
Foundation In Microbiology.
Foundation In Music.
Foundation In Nursing Sciences.
Foundation In Petroleum & Gas Engineering.
Foundation In Pharmacology.
Foundation In Pharmacy.
Foundation in Philosophy.
Foundation In Physics.
Foundation In Physics Education.
Foundation In Physiology.
Foundation In Physiotherapy.
Foundation In Political Science.
Foundation In Psychology.
Foundation In Quantity Surveying.
Foundation In Radiography.
Foundation In Russian.
Foundation In Sociology.
Foundation In Sports Science.
Foundation In Surveying & Geoinformatics.
Foundation In Systems Engineering.
Foundation In Theatre Arts.
Foundation In Urban & Regional Planning.
Foundation In Visual Arts.
Foundation in Yoruba.
Foundation in Zoology.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one year programme teaching subjects in line with JUPEB Syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
|4.||Visual Arts_Christian Reglious Studies_Government||SFS04|
|5.||Visual Arts_Christian Reglious Studies _Music||SFS05|
|6.||Visual Arts _Government _Music||SFS06|
|7.||Visual Arts _Literature In English_Music||SFS07|
|8.||Visual Arts _Mathematics_Physics||SFS08|
|11.||Biology_Economics_Literature In English||SFS12|
|16.||Christian Reglious Studies _French_ Literature In English||SFS17|
|17.||Christian Reglious Studies _ Government _Music||SFS18|
|18.||Christian Reglious Studies _ Government _Yoruba||SFS19|
|19.||Christian Reglious Studies _Governmen_Igbo||SFS20|
|20.||Christian Reglious Studies _ Literature In English_History||SFS21|
|21.||Christian Reglious Studies _ Literature In English _Music||SFS22|
|22.||Economics _Geography_ Government||SFS23|
|23.||Economics _ Government _Islamic Studies||SFS24|
|24.||Economics _ Government _ Literature In English||SFS25|
|25.||Economics _ Mathematics _Physics||SFS26|
|26.||French_ Government _Islamic Studies||SFS27|
|28.||Government _ Christian Reglious Studies _Economics||SFS29|
|29.||Government _History_Islamics Studies||SFS30|
|30.||Government _ Literature In English _History||SFS31|
|31||Government_ Literature In English _Music||SFS32|
|32.||History_ Government _ Christian Reglious Studies||SFS33|
|33.||Islamic Studies_ Government _ Literature In English||SFS34|
|34.||Literature In English _ Government _ Christian Reglious Studies||SFS35|
|35.||Literature In English _History_Islamics Studies||SFS36|
|40.||Visual Arts_Government_Islamics Studies||SFS41|
|41.||Visual Arts_ Christian Reglious Studies _History||SFS42|
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e-APPLICATION FORM:
- Visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng),
- On the prospective students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies,
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry Admission,
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
- For University of Lagos Staff Children:
- Click the staff biological child link, provide 5 digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests (excluding Bank Charges)): =N= 25, 000. 00 (non-refundable).
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the Payment Reference Number (PRN)
- Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies and click on continue Application. Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form, print two copies and bring along to the entrance examination on 13th – 17th August, 2019
N.B.: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online.
- The Application opens on Monday, 7th May, 2018 and closes on Friday, 27th July, 2019.
- Examination Dates: 13th – 17th August, 2019
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the Unilag Website a week before examination to verify your venue and examination date).
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
- Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the Examination Pass.
- All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examination time.
Results:- Results and merit admission will be released on the University website on: Wednesday, 29thAugust, 2019.
University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, examination malpractice and other anti-social behaviours. All admitted students will undergo compulsory medical test.
If there is any information you wish to ask that is not posted here please feel free to call or whatsapp our number 09022205421 or you can drop your questions on the comment section I will sure do well to reply you.
For further inquiries and admission assistance call 09022205421/08117765394
And most especially don’t forget to click on the subscription button to get all updates sent directly to your mail.